Become A Self-Published Author
Become A Self-Published Author
Challenges facing new authors
Many say they want to be a self-published author – to write and publish a book – but few actually do it.
Usually, they are confronted by various challenges such as:
- A lack of confidence and belief in their writing ability. As a result, they hesitate and waver finding it difficult to proceed
- They talk about writing a book but often crippling self-doubt or life gets in the way resulting in their procrastination
- When time is the enemy they become frustrated at the delay. Other priorities interfere so that their writing project never eventuates and they become disheartened and avoid the issue.
- The would-be self-publisher is fearful at the thought of doing their own marketing in order to make sales. They may feel that they just don’t have the skills necessary to do online marketing or to set up their author platform.
- They feel lost and they have no idea as to how to get started. This lack of knowledge can result in a lack of faith in their ability to go it alone and they are frightened and scared that they will mess up.
Challenges in any of these 5 areas can reduce their determination and drive to become self-published author. If they want to
- enjoy the ecstasy of having your first book published
- understand the possibility of future income opportunities
- be empowered as a result of being a successful self-published author
- experience the excitement of making that first sale
- unlocking their true potential as an author and self-publisher and impacting the world
then the How To Become a Self-Published Author program of weekly online lessons is the answer.
The program will help a new author deal with the challenges.
My role as a self-publishing coach is to help those who want to become self-published authors navigate the problems they face when starting out.
The online weekly classes deal with some of the following topics:
- The publishing process
- Keys to success
- Researching a profitable niche
- Anatomy of a book
- Write a book in 30 days
- Preparing a manuscript for publication
- Formatting the manuscript
- Cover design
- Optimising the metadata of a book’s listing on Kinde Direct Publishing, (KDP)
- Getting reviews
- An author platform, and much more.
By implementing the things I teach, students will say goodbye to those feelings of being lost, the frustration, the procrastination, and the diminishing dream.
If they are doing things the hard way what is it costing them personally and family-wise?
Procrastination, crippling self-doubt, lack of confidence, worrying about the financial risk of doing large print runs, being time-poor, not being able to land a publishing deal, fears about taking action, and even if they have tried Amazon and not got anywhere…These are all challenges that can be resolved.
Instead, they will enjoy the ecstasy of having their first book published – a dream come true.
I guarantee that students of self-publishing will find it helpful to have me as their personal self-publishing coach to help them on their journey.
My goal is to help them become successful and to realise their dream regardless of their self-limiting beliefs.
Thanks to the How To Become A Self-Published Author program of weekly lessons new authors will be able to:
Take those first steps which have been expertly designed to assist them to self-publish their book on Amazon so that they can reach millions of readers worldwide and keep control of their work.
They will learn the process and fundamentals for self-publishing their book on Amazon and will be set up with a foundation for their career as self-publishers.
This home study program is just the beginning of the journey.
By mastering the steps outlined in the How To Become A Self-Published Author program, authors will be able to build from here learning more of the ways about what they have to do to have their book discovered on Amazon and start to earn royalties.
No more will authors experience
- the painstaking efforts they have to go to in order to land a traditional publisher
- the discouraging rejections they may have to experience
- the frustration of trooping the streets and knocking on the doors of publisher after publisher and wondering if it is all worth it
- being offered such low royalties that a writer struggles to see how they can make any money out of publishing their book
- often having to accept draconian contracts like publishers wanting to own the copyright of the author’s work, and if the writer reluctantly agrees, losing control of their intellectual property rights.
Becoming a self-published author is a dream come true:
- the thrill of seeing their book published, listed for sale on Amazon, and the euphoria of making that first sale
- the ease of self-publishing, and the author (not the traditional publisher) having control of their book and its revenue
- enjoying the satisfaction of making sales, receiving royalties, and growing another income stream
- mastering the fundamentals of self-publishing on Amazon and experiencing the high self-esteem of being a successful author
- and then, rinse and repeat – launching more titles on Amazon with even greater opportunities for earning a higher income
- loving the excitement of marketing their book throughout the world
This program is for the first-time author who wants to :
- complete the first draft of their book
- self-publish their book
- go it alone but who wants help and guidance along the way
- self-publish cost-effectively
- breakthrough the self-limiting beliefs that hold them back
It’s for the person
- who has the passion to write and self-publish their book
- who is committed to investing in their education so that they can advance their knowledge
- who wants to learn the fundamentals of publishing on Amazon so that readers will discover and buy their book
- who has a positive mindset
- who is prepared to take full responsibility for their outcome
I’m looking for like-minded individuals who want to:
- Write and enjoy the achievement of completing a manuscript
- Learn how to self-publish on Amazon to get their book to the market fast
- Learn the fundamentals of promoting on Amazon so that they can earn royalties
- Learn how too launch multiple books to increase opportunities to grow their income
Why should you listen to me?
My name is Marji Hill.
My career in the book industry started as a teacher-librarian in Queensland’s Department of Education where I trained hundreds of other teacher-librarians.
My writing career started over 30 years ago writing non-fiction books for children and teenagers.
Over this time I’ve written over 65 books most of them having been published by mainstream, traditional publishers.
In 2014 I ventured into self-publishing because I always had a dream of having my own publishing house. I had learned the value of the new way to publish with the advent of the internet and I started self-publishing multiple books online with Amazon.
I’ve also had 30 years of experience in marketing. I was very active in the direct sales industry.
When I learned the value of the new way to publish, the alternative way to publish, I started to operate in the online space. I learnt to blog, build websites, to do affiliate marketing, list building, automation, and so much more.
Apart from my experience with the Amazon platform – both with books & physical products – I’ve been a research consultant. My clients have included Unesco, universities, mining corporations, education departments, and publishers.
As a result of years of training and experience, I’ve learnt what works and what doesn’t.
Here’s what is included in the program:
- 52 weeks of online lessons that educate, motivate and inspire
- creative ideas and practical activities to do on a regular basis
- support and friendship of like-minded people who are on the same journey as you, as part of our Facebook Mastermind group
- access to people like me, your personal self-publishing coach, to answer your questions and to help you implement your various activities
You’ve got a quick decision to make. Don’t hesitate. Do it right now. You’ll be so glad you did.
For the first four weeks, you get this program for free. In the 5th week, the program will revert to AU $47.00 a month.
To reward you for taking action today you will receive 2 (two) special bonuses.
- Be part of regular (once a month) live, interactive, group Q&A sessions on Zoom where you can get your questions answered and you can see me and I can see you
- Receive 12 months support in a private, members-only Facebook Mastermind group
Imagine a few years into the future and you look back on How To Become A Self-Published Author, the start of your self-publishing journey, and realise that this was your beginning.
Secure your weekly online classes NOW for just AU$47 per month and remember that the first four weeks you trial the program and access it for free.
Finally, unlock your true potential as a self-published author and make your mark in the world?
With the weekly lessons in the How To Become A self-Published Author program, you’ll be able to leverage the exploding trend of doing things your own way by securing access to your home study program at the heavily discounted price of only $47 a month.
And remember to make your decision a complete no-brainer, you will have your first 4 weekly lessons available for free. Over this Trial period, you will be able to try out the program and see if it suits you.
Your new career and life as a self-published author awaits you and I look forward to taking you on the journey.
After the first 4 weeks of online classes, the price reverts to just $47 a month.
You can cancel at any time.
How do I pay the monthly subscription? When you subscribe to the program you will provide your credit card details but you will not be debited until after the first 4 weeks. Only then will you start paying your monthly subscription of AU$47.00 month which will be debited from your credit card.
How long does my membership last?
The membership will run for at least 52 weeks.
How long does the weekly training take? On average the weekly modules last for approximately 30 minutes (give or take) depending on the theme.
How do I cancel my membership? To cancel your membership at any time simply send an email to me at email@example.com
Can I access previous lessons when I join? Yes, you can access all the previous lessons.
So make a decision and